Tuesday, February 1, 2011

WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO?

When we practice looking deeply, we have the insight into what to do and what not to do for the situation to change. Everything depends on our way of looking.”  Thich Nhat Hanh


That quote was lurking in an unread newsletter in my inbox. I know the "depends on our way of looking part" is true (or can often be demonstrably so). It's the first part I don't seem to be able quite get a handle on.


Maybe I have not been practicing the "looking deeply" part enough lately. Eating pizza and gorging on mystery novels and thriller films are not particularly spiritually enlightening, although they might be/they are spiritually refreshing. 



On the other hand, I feel a sliver of insight light here and there. I have begun to look at myself and my skill set a bit differently. Perhaps I will "rebrand" meself some. And move my target employment market at bit. I mean, really, other than despondency and rejection, how much would I be risking?


And, I thank you for your responses to my further blog idea. A few "next steps" have occurred to me. I am still not quite sure which direction to go in, but it is a bit less daunting.


As is so often the case, I am very sleepy. My schedule is whack. I am staying up late and sleeping in, which is not so productive for me. Tonight I took some sleeping medication so that maybe I would crash by 11:00 or 12:00. Let me head for the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...