Wednesday, February 2, 2011

AN IDEA AND A NEXT STEP?

A couple of people thought that some creative writing might be in order. I am pretty sure I was one of those people.

I duly picked out one of my many writing books, in this case, Writing Toward Home: Tales and Lessons to Find Your Way Home by Georgia Heard. And as I was on the subway perusing this, I thought about how many of those who read this are friends from the old country, California, and my childhood. (And how great is that?) And some of those people, and some of my newer friends, too, think about creativity and writing.

So, I was thinking that perhaps an on-line, private, voluntary writing group might be fun/valuable/amusing. The structure I see at the moment would be something like this. People who want to participate let me know, they get a gmail account, we start a google group. I post assignments. We write and post them. Comments and constructive criticism could be good. If we want to do something else with the writing, we can discuss. I aim to have one non-yoga/writing post on this site per week.

I think short, but this is more generative than anything else. Doesn't have to be fiction. Poetry. Journal entries. Whatever.

Let me know here or one of my email addresses (sallyannemediavixen@gmail.com is easiest to get through).

A dieu.

1 comment:

  1. If I have time, I'm on for this. I know of other poets/songwriters/fiction writers who are in literary groups with assignments/critiques/etc., & it sounds like fun. Not sure how it's done, but if you start it, I'll try to participate, if what I write is appropriate to the group (now that I've figured out I DO have a google acc't, & have found my password).

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...