Saturday, February 26, 2011

A SIGH OF SPRING?

In the cool of the evening, when everything is getting kind of groovy ...

That's a more upbeat start, right? I am beginning to worry people, so I will attempt to lighten my tone. The snow is finally melted on all but the northface sides of the street, and even that is limited. The tree outside my window has the barest bit of bud. I tried to photograph that, but I am no master of digital photography and couldn't get a picture. The asshole squirrel is on the fire escape again. AND there was a dove scouting out the fire escape as a nesting area! I hope he comes back and builds a nest.

This adds up to some signs of Spring and perhaps allays some worries that I cannot see anything positive in the world. I can. But  my brow is furrowed (and you know how I have that knife-life scar of worry in the middle of my wrinkled forehead) and I am hunkered down emotionally and psychically to figure out this little room of life limitations I find myself in. The darkness comes from knowing that I, largely, helped close myself in. And I need to get the hell out.

A couple of the immediate problems have short-term solutions, now I just have to parlay those positives into a bigger positive.

Just keep on with your love and support.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. The nest builder and the asshole squirrel are the funniest outside manifestations I can think of....it sounds like the beginning of a parable.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...