Friday, February 4, 2011

EMPTY HEAD AND ASPIRATIONS

Sheesh. I have been trying to find something to speak/write/muse upon for a couple of hours, in between mindless tv shows and the random organizational task, but I scarcely have a thought in my head tonight. None of the usual reasons (drunk, depressed, stressed, distracted) are in the way. I feel a bit like that line in Sugar Magnolia "Head's all empty and I don't care" (Check out this version with Yosemite Sam singing. And I was at that Stanford show.)

I have come up with a few New Years' Resolutions ... that's some progress. These are the details I obsess about:

- make four new cookie recipes
- make bread
- make a pie from scratch
- read four cooking books
- read French (I keep telling myself I am going to do this year after year)
- go back to journal writing
- show my appreciation for my friends, family, and kitties
- a daily random act of kindness
- make something at least one time per week (new recipe, knit, sew, bead ... something)
- write more actual letters and postcards
- re-instate poem of the week
- live music/theater/readings once a month
- three movie a week
- one book a week
- take my vitamins
- eat more vegetables

Okay. There's a symmetry in the cookies and vegetables. Are they resolutions? Kind of goals or ideals or benchmarks? Aspirations might be the ticket. I could put some yoga thing in there, but I don't seem to have quite found the motivator there. Although I do do the 4/4/4/4 breathing pretty much every day for at least a minute or two.

- be able to do a headstand again ...

Now, there's a goal. (For those of you who haven't seen this, this is my 84 year old Mom demonstrating yoga. Photo credit to Debee Bracho. And happy birthday to her (2/4 and my mom 2/5).

1 comment:

  1. Can I steal a few of these resolutions? I like the knitting idea. I also like the idea finding a grant to do a project. Taking baby steps towards where I would like to be in 10 years. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...