Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WHAT COULD BE DONE.1

So my dear friend Laura is an animator. She wrote this on Facebook today:


You know how I know I like my job? Because it gets to 5 o'clock and I wish there were at least 6 more hours in the work day to animate on this show.


Well, that set me to thinking about what I loved to do so much that I would want six more hours in a day to do it. 


I suppose I should note here that I have long known that if had a job in a fairy tale, it would be as a sleeping princess.


I know lots of animators and puppetteers. And almost all of them do it because they love it. Those aren't the kind of jobs you get randomly. You have to chose those things. And it is not an easy life for most. 


Besides reading and sleeping, things I can do for hours without getting bored:


surf the internet doing research
make music mixes
cook
thrift shop
watch movies
read/research publishing
develop ideas
talk about books and literature
pet cats (I actually do get tired of this, but I like cats a lot)
collaborating (not in the colluding sense)


I may come up with more.


Later that same evening. I might not come up with more, but if anyone has any great ideas about what all of that adds up to, let me know. 



3 comments:

  1. A creative life, and with your blog (& cooking & music mixes, etc.), you regularly create something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly as Teresa says...it means you have a rich, creative life. The only thing I can do for hours on end without getting bored is watch TV.
    Oops...not true.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...