Friday, February 11, 2011

A FALLOW DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE MIND

"Was a sunny day. Not a negative word was heard ..." Couldn't find it on youtube, but this a an interesting Paul Simon clip.

A slow day today, too, feeling the effects of the outrageous dinner that Tim LaGasse and I made ... and then the red wine we drank. Big fun. And one of the best dishes I have ever made (Savory Bread Pudding.)

But I did spring out of bed and work assiduously to get an assortment of packages wrapped, addressed, and to the post office. That felt like a gigantic accomplishment.

And, of course, in sheer awe about Mubarak and wondering how things will be in Egypt in the coming weeks, as well as the future. And what's going on in Tunisia?

A fallow day in the life of the mind, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...