Friday, October 4, 2013

LOVE IS TOUCHING SOULS




Whoa. Going to be a short one tonight. Notwithstanding my healthy lifestyle and reasonable sleeping, the dementors ganged up on me, full court press today. Practically pressed into the floor and unable to move. Forget pervasive sadness, this was invasive. Felt like my pores were closed off with depression and I was all sealed up. 

Gee, and I am not at all sure what might have triggered such a low down. I am still worried about Cooder, who didn't show much improvement today. She's under the bed, which always worries me, although I was able to get her out for a long long nap on the screened-in porch. 

I had some housework-ish things to do as the kids are coming home for J's birthday and there will be post dinner carrying on on Saturday night. Everything I did took me hours to accomplish, as I were working in a bog or something.(The rock and roll doctor just drove up. The music always blares at a teenage volume, which causes me to smile wryly.)

And while I was out on an errand, I did convince myself to take Albert on a half-hour walk on the bike/reservoir path. This level of dementor-invasion causes me to be spacey and unfocussed and there really isn't much I can do. But the walk did help some. When I came back from the errands and made progress on or finished my tasks, I napped for 2.5 hours. 

Fortunately, this does not occur very often and I was able to be functional. I didn't make any bad decisions such as buying things I can't afford/don't need or driving dangerously or anything. And I may well feel better tomorrow. And I might figure out what triggered it besides worry about Cooder ... and the government shutdown and the general difficulty of life right now.

I did get another great picture though. It was quite quite beautiful on the bike path. There were leaves falling all around us and plenty of dead ones on the path to crunch through. Albert quite likes crashing through the leaves. Emmylou likes to sit on the screened-in porch and watch them falling, and sometimes she tries to chase them. Very adorable.

The other day while we were walking along the path, there were just scattered leaves falling and blowing around us. Prince's version of Joni Mitchell's A Case of You came on. If you haven't heard it, you must. (BY NO MEANS WATCH THIS VIDEO, JUST LISTEN.) I thought of Cooder and cried. I think it was the "love is touching souls" line that did me in.

Meanwhile, here's hoping KHW's surgery went well today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...