Wednesday, October 16, 2013

HUNGOVER SKY

And then before you know it, it's 11:00 pm again. Yeah, right, who knows where the time goes?

Not feeling so well today, although I did get in a good 40 minute walk with Albert. There was a lot of activity on the road what with trees getting cut down and what not. I had made a run over to Danbury and Ridgefield and by the time we got out it was around 3:00 so all the school buses were around too. I was busy on the telephone with Louise (local) and Jason talking about Monsterwood, so no photography today. Also, the sky was ... I almost wrote hungover ... overcast.

The overcast mood reflected the utter madness in D.C. That's a situation that is beyond bumming. I can't quite follow ... or maybe I don't want to ... all the deal making and posturing.

After I did some prep work for M's most excellent chickpea-eggplant stew, I took to a nap and had a deep sleep for several hours. That I am ready to return to sleep says something about my momentary health. Cooder enjoyed snuggles and pets and I am grateful for her continued presence in my life.

I haven't complained or written about any reading since I put The Brothers Karamovoz to bed. I am listening to Steve Martin read his memoir, Born Standing Up, and quite enjoying it, not the least because he grew up near my hometown. I had no idea that he had written for The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and other shows. Very interesting to hear how hard he worked and who he has run into in his life.

There's still some Spring color in Brooklyn.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...