Thursday, February 28, 2013

FEARING CHANGE?

"It's the most unhappy people who most fear change."
--Mignon McLaughlin

Right. Or maybe right. And hell, change can be hella-painful so there is certainly reason to be wary and cautious if not downright scared. On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice if the nature and reality of change were taught to us as children so that we learn to accept and adapt, rather than fear. Now I will imagine that those of you who are more child developmentally adept would have some things to say about children needing routine and security and all of that, but I do think there is merit in what I say.

And I am due, karmically, for some excellent change for the better. Where is that ship now?


Doing okay down in da citteh without da kittehs (just went for the rhyme), but tired and slightly sad for some reason unbeknowst to me. Lots of people in my business community are grieving for the loss of their friend and colleague who was killed last Friday night when a car jumped a curb on Atlantic Avenue just as she was stepping out of a bakery. The randomness and closeness of death has just stopped a lot of folks in their tracks.

I was going to head back upstate tonight, but I was just too spent, so I will spend the night here with one of the B's and go back tomorrow morning after breakfast with John and Melinda and Tupelo. Truthfully, I did not think I could climb the stairs to their apartment anyway.

My eyes are tired, so I should get these contacts out and get some shut eye.

And happy happy birthday to m'dear brutha Manuel. You do do what you can to make the world a better place and we notice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...