Thursday, March 7, 2013

MARCH SNOW

What happens when a group of strangers, a few with blood ties, devote their lives to one another and become family, not because they have to, but because they want to?
- Willa Paskin

When Carl Sandburg wrote about fog coming in on little cat's feet he had clearly never heard Emmylou Irene Patsy Clownpaws run up or down stairs, nor bang on the closed bathroom door while someone is showering. She doesn't meow much or loudly, but she certainly makes herself known.

The above quote is actually from an article on the Vulture/Culture site from New York Magazine. And I wasn't going to exegize (?) on the topic, but I certainly know examples of friendship groups that fit that description.

Days later.

I really thought I had posted this. The literature class is kicking my ass. Trying to keep up on the reading, grading, and lectures and do anything else is quite challenging. I don't think all the Coursera classes are that intense. We were supposed to read Hawthorne and Poe this week. Both Louise and I had a tough time with the writing. Then again, we are so disgusted with the grading process, much like others in the class, that we considered not writing anything. We both made up something, but my thesis was so obvious I was ashamed.

Oh well. It is snowing again today after a few days of clean driveway.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...