Saturday, December 3, 2011

TARANTULA TARANTELLA


I did go out for awhile today. It was a therapy Saturday. And I went to the library on my way home, so that counted, too. I didn't do my loop but there's always tomorrow as Clarice the doe says in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. That scene still makes me cry. And it is tied for my favorite Christmas special. You can guess the other one.

So, I was feeling fragile and decided to sleep and rest, mostly. I am ploughing through Didion's new book, Blue Nights. I am not quite so enamoured of it (the Banville review in the link there is quite good though). 

I had a good, but very weird dreams nap. At one point, I was driving and there was some sort of hairy tarantula-like critter on the steering wheel. I barely noticed it, and just continued to drive around with it. There was also a character, a sort of a combination of female "witch doctor" (god, that phrase seems so inappropriate) and my therapist, in the passener seat. She decided that I should not continue to drive with the tarantula. I stoppped the car and got out. She rather flicked it out of the open car door. Then the tarantula came across another generally malevolent critter, spider-esque, and the two began to spar. 

Then there was a whole other dream, an entirely other scenario, of which I can only remember going to the back door of a wooden house. It was dark dark dark outside and I was trying to throw away something. But there was something in the blackness. Something was now in my hand, a black cat tail? Attached to a black cat. I couldn't see who gave it to me, more a force than a person. But the cat needed help, so, even though I couldn't afford it, I took it. Cooder and Emmylou were in the house. The black cat was going to be okay.

Then we were back with the sorceress, and the tarantula fighting with the other critter. I was worried about the cats. The black cat curled up with the tarantula and the other spideresque, kind of in a nuturing half circle. Then I was weirded out and woke up.


No idea what this has to do with anything, it just came back to me as I sat down to type. Better than hearing me feel sad, I would imagine.

Oh and yeah, I signed up for AdSense to see if I could generate any income from this. Sure is uglier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...