Monday, December 12, 2011

OKAY THEN

In case any of you were wondering, I am okay.

Tonight, I finally started the bread-making process. Being a bread baker has been on my "To Be" list for a long time. The Sullivan Street recipe mentioned in the New York Times a couple of years ago is supposed to be good and easy, as it requires no kneading. Having not done much kneading, I am not so sure that I would not like it, but that is another step altogether. Here's the original article. The current version has us only letting the dough sit for 12 hours instead of 18.

Alejandro, the father of my friend Manuel, passed away today at the age of almost 94. Yes, this has made me kind of sad. Manuel was my middle brother David's best friend for decades. I am thinking of Manuel's sister and brothers, nieces and nephews, and his excellent wife/partner, Debby, tonight. I am sure their hearts are heavy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...