Friday, July 12, 2013

BETTAH WEATHER

The Emmylou I left behind me. Yes, she is as cute and sweet as she appears.





Still listening to Calexico, weeks later. Two Silver Trees. You know how a song, even if you don't know the lyrics, can just get stuck on mental replay. I wonder what emotional notes this song is hitting for me this summer. False economies ... no, just checked the lyrics, it's false identities ... hmm ... there's some spying and such going on in this song ... the NSA zeitgeist ... at any rate ...

I am writing and posting from the Amtrak train as I head up to the Adirondacks for five days. Amazingly, I was able to get up at 6:00 a.m. and drive to Rhinebeck where Louise and I had coffee and then over to Rhinecliff to catch the train. I am getting off in Schenectady where Larry will meet me. On Monday, MOZ and Deb are driving in from Cape Cod, so that will be some fun. The Strand is showing that new Brad Pitt movie so I guess I will see that, too.

A made it to Akron last night. She sent us a little movie of the road, which was sweet. I hung around with Cooder and Emmylou yesterday, giving them a bunch of catnip and pets. I do so dislike leaving them. 

Now we are in Albany for a bit. They always stop here for a bit. I imagine the train will fill up as this is the daily train up to Montreal. Yep. The engine is even turned off. The internet is still on, but the 'lectricity is off.

Anywho, anything intelligent or significant has left my mind. I am going to see if I can't make some progress in the graphic novel. Working on the train is kind of fun. Wish I had brought my better earphones. Hmm ... Amtrack blocks youtube.

At least the weather is bettah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...