Thursday, June 6, 2013

WAKE UP, PONDER ALL THE WORLD'S TROUBLE

At least this morning's soundtrack is pleasant, Percy Mayfield's Please Send Me Someone to Love, (Eric Burden's is not the version in my head, but the others were copy written protected ... and it gets better).

Back in Brooklyn for another two nights. I came down to see Patty Griffin kick off the Celebrate Brooklyn bandshell season. She was quite good, but I wasn't close enough to be immersed in the music as I like, so while I enjoyed it, I felt distant. What do I want for $3.00 (suggested donation). 

At any rate, the evening was lovely, like exquisitely chilled wine, producing just a slight frisson of coolness. The air was clear. The people sitting around me were not too noisy or anything, didn't talk too much through the music.

I am staying with John and Mel, my old building, and I can finally be here without feeling the loss and the wanting of my old apartment. Getting used to it. That's a relief. 

Tonight is my book group and I will have likely read this month's assignment although I am no close to understanding what the point of The Brothers Karamazov is. I will do some internet research a bit later to see if I can get some insight. One of the B's is in the group and she, too, is challenged by this one. I can see Dostoevsky's brilliance as writer, but man, this is a tough read. I am enjoying listening to Crime and Punishment much more. 

I suppose my other option is to listen to The Brothers Karamazov as I had long ago purchased (and forgotten) this from audible.com. We shall see.

Today is cooler, only getting up to 71 today and rain tonight. 

So on with the day.

Cooder and Emmy enjoying the porch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...