Saturday, June 15, 2013

THE BUZZING OF SUMMER LAWNS

7:50 a.m.

Why is it that today I wake up at a Christian hour? When I gave myself permission to sleep in? and it isn't just that the machine happy neighbors are busy with their buzzy machines at 7:30 in the morning, as I was wakened before dawn with the extremely chirpy birds cacaphoning merrily. Gosh, and I was having a fun dream about flirting with the bass player for Led Zepplin who was really more of a feminist and a nice guy than I would have ever imagined. I was trying to explain to him, and he was reasonably listening, why I didn't really like le Zep back in the beginning. And then we were discussing the blues, (and expressiveness in music), he making the usual argument that you have to suffer if you want to play the blues, me making an argument for the informed, impassioned, and emotionally impaled listener, that a close and careful listener was part of the musical equation. Plus, he had loose curly black hair and blue-eyes.

Oh good. Now that it is 8:16 the mowing of summer lawns has stopped. No man is an island, unless you live in suburbia where it is only marginally necessary to think about your neighbors and the noise you might be making. 

A and I almost finished the SIP project. Then we made a kitchen-sink-ingredient Thai-style stir fry. We topped that off by having dinner on the SIP.

Well, I might as well get cracking as I still have to clean my desk. But very excited about Calexico tonight!



Lovely, right?




Emmy enjoying the evening later. And it's more or less okay if she sits on this table.







Well, I might as well get cracking as I still have to clean my desk. But very excited about Calexico tonight! And Cooder is pretty insistent that it is greenies time.






I had enough lights to put some up over my bed.

Post-script: I was never going to sleep this morning. The workmen just arrived to pump out the septic.


2 comments:

  1. What has happened to the cicada invasion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the kitteh pics! Does it count on the blog tracking if I read it in my email? :-)

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...