Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"YOU HAVE DONE WHAT YOU COULD."

Arrgghh. I finally sat down today to update my resume. I had not worked on a rewrite since I left Possible Worlds in 2004 and went to Flickerlab. Goodness, I am fairly sure I have forgotten quite a bit. I have a difficult time with getting appropriate perspective on myself. I am often quite vague about what I do and have done. Well, hopefully, all the hours logged in therapy and self-examination will help me be clearer and more positive about myself.

Okay, I'll admit it: it felt good (or something like it) to finally bite the bullet and work on the resume.

I had every reason to think the day was not going to be so great, given my being over-the-limit with white wine last night. I slept in. And it did take me a good long time to really get started, but I have been working steadily since 3:30 or so (it's 7:40 now). There comes a certain point where you cannot think about anything again. I think I am there.

Yesterday, though, summer truly arrived. The kids were so happy to be out of school you could feel it in the air. Everything turned down a notch. Mellowness prevailed, even in the weather, really.

I found another book of poetry at the library though I was trying to not see books. I liked this poem.

From A Letter to His Daughter
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities
no doubt crept it;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day'
begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be cumbered with
your old nonsense.

This day is all that is
good and fair.
It is too dear
with its hopes and invitations
to waste a moment on yesterdays.

2 comments:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...