Thursday, April 21, 2011

THE TROUBLE WITH TUNA

As I said, yesterday was orders of magnitude better than the day before. At least until the middle of the night when I got up and made that long and dangerous trek through my messy house to use the toilet. And then I thought I wanted a cookie. And from then on, trouble.

4:00 a.m. I was so-o-o not awake. I stumbled into the kitchen and straight onto the empty can of tuna I had left on the floor for kitties delight. Blood. Nice deep cut. No health insurance. Not really conscious. Not good.

Anyway, happily, I had the right first aid supplies and knew the right things to do, so the bleeding stopped and I could sleep. Might have needed stitches, but had a nurse look at it today. Definitely need tetanus shot. Allora. Zut alors! And tomorrow pay cash at the doctor.

Could have been worse. The good? Didn't get depressed. Didn't go into a spiral of misery or anything. Nothing insupportable.

And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...