Friday, April 29, 2011

SOME THINGS ARE WORKING (EVEN IF I DON'T HAVE A JOB)

Earlier today I had so much to say. What happened?

Here's a funny story. I took 2.5mgs of Adderall today, thinking it would help me push through the dregs of my house ... yes, we are getting to those things that niggle you to death. They're around simply because you don't know what to do with them.

Shortly after I medicated myself, I had to move my car for street cleaning. I had a short list of car errands to run, going to Fairway to buy as much Mash as I can afford as I drink it every day. And then there is the never-ending pile of library books.

Off to the library I go, virtuous returning books I had not finished with, but had not paid attention to in weeks. Slimming down the checked-out books I thought.

I found the book I had on hold and began to peruse the new books as I often do. I pulled down a pile, sat at a table and considered whether I really needed to check out 11 or 12 more books. I whittled out two. I returned them to the shelves.

Several minutes later, I realized that I had begun to straighten and re-organize all the books on the new books shelves. (They were in a big big mess.) What was I doing, I asked myself. And then I remembered the Adderall. As if I need to go out to find a mess to clean up.

I found that hugely amusing. Maybe you had to be there. So like me to take on the world at large, instead of my smaller one.

In other news, even though I have not been consciously dieting or paying a lot of attention to what I have been eating, I put on a pair of summer pants that had previously been a bit tight to find them looser and more comfortable.

Some things are working.

1 comment:

  1. Does ritalin encourage mess clean up? My daughter just started taking it to help focus on school work, but can never find school, band or dance stuff in her room because it's just a big pile of everything (from her description, that's what being in her brain, looking for anything, is like as well). Would be a valuable additional benefit, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...