Friday, April 15, 2011

PROGRESS IS IN THE MIND OF THE BEHOLDER?

There must be a boredom-with-SallyAnne-factor out there by now, what with the day-to-day hijinks of personal minutia and struggles with self-administered problems. Today was no different. Well, save for one thing. In a moment of being overcome with the task of sorting through my stuff and making a living space that others could be in, I dosed myself with some pharmaceutical (and prescribed) amphetamine.

Cue: Dinah Washington, What A Difference Some Speed Makes ...

Of course, I found myself completely distracted from my desk and paperwork related piles into less pressing issues such as repotting plants, cleaning the spice rack, and hanging a new kitchen tools rack. I still can't get into my bed as it is covered with boxes of patterns, fabric, scraps, and doilies. And you can't walk from one end of the house to the other without stepping over several half-sorted piles of paper.

But progress is being made! And at this rate, who knows when I will sleep. I didn't get outside much today, but I've mostly been on my feet and moving around. I think I will take a break from this to go in search of some bebidas (that's Spanish for drinks, should you not know).

Update: 12:35 a.m. — after some Torrontes, Richard Thompson live (thanks again, J.), and some Jeff Beck, I can see progress amongst the disorder. So, I am going to take a relaxing bath and have at it again tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. No Boredom-w.-Sally Anne. Nope. I can relate to much of what you write, and what I can't I can relate to my daughter who I'm constantly trying to figure out (I even read her part of this post (minus drug & alcohol...Don't want to give ideas), to see if she could relate (she could). There's something strangely soothing in reading daily posts...kind of like we're conversing, except that it's late enough often when I read this, that I'm barely awake enough to type, much less listen...but I can read fine when sleepy, and enjoy reading what you write as you search for "progress."

    ReplyDelete
  2. No boredom here either. Yet that in-person chat, was fresh air to this emotional body.

    I have been following your progress, and yes, there is progress.

    I still think your personal and the world's astrological "hijinks" are mirroring each other --if you know what I mean. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daily dilemma is akin to mine. Piles of things to do not enough hours, what to start with? how to finish this but there's also that? kitty needs a chin rub, why won't my meringue fluff, need to dust the window sills, where to put? where to put? Moving is always a "where to put" challenge. One of these days we'll have a house warming but not until I perfect the macaron, right the color of the walls and purchase the 92" table i've been dreaming of.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...