Sunday, April 3, 2011

REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS

The day certainly went by. It was a beautiful cool morning again. The benches outside Ladybird Bakery were full of families munching on some weekend specialities and basking in the sun.

I didn't go out, which is not so good. I haven't been doing my walkies as much. I was, however, on my feet most of the day. I suppose that might cause my current tiredness. I had some crazy idea that I would be able to, in proper ADHD chain reaction, finish ironing, finish the hand wash, and then after taking down the ironing board, finish cleaning off the dining room table. That, of course, would lead to my finally putting away all the things on my desk and voila! room to write again. Not.

But I did listen to music and watch dvds from the library that really need to go back. I took a short nap, only about 25 minutes. That seems to be the trick. I need only an REM cycle or two and then I feel rested. If I go for any more dreaming, I tend to be down for more than an hour and am quite groggy for the rest of the day/evening.

Someone suggested that I overplan and expect to get more done than is reasonable. I do feel that way today. Not much reading, not much thinking, not much writing. At least on the discernible plane. Perhaps I will wake up to find I made more progress than I get see with these weary orbs.

Only one way to find out. G'night, Gracie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...