Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WALKING OFF MALAISE

This morning's surprise was the failure of the hard drive on my mothership iMac. An additional pall was cast across the day, but hey, I had at least backed it up last week. Yes, there are some inconvenient losses, but nothing breast-beatingly-bad. Given my ... oh, let's call it malaise about the catastrophes in Japan and the concern about how that might all play out, down to the world economy, I did fairly well. I may not have the bucks to get a new hard drive and all, but I have another perfectly fine computer.

The brightest, silver-lining side of the sidelining of the Mothership iMac, is that I cleaned up/off more of my desk. The mobile unit computer has a much smaller footprint, so there's more room to make piles of paper. And the feng shui changed a bit. This is all encouraging right?

Okay, back after a walk. I haven't been walking as much or as regularly. I barely opened my front door over the weekend. It's lovely crisp evening out there, so I did a mile-and-a-half down my street. Lots of churches on 8th Avenue, including one which I believe is Russian Orthodox. My spirits seemed raised.

John's family found a nursing home for his mom. She'll be moving there on Friday. Nothing makes you more of an adult than dealing with aging parents. He invited me up for a glass of wine, and, although tempted, I declined. I had some wine with Ms. B last night and that was enough for this week.

Now for some last minute kitchen items to resolve, and then I can try to sleep. Not expecting that to happen as I took a lovely 90-minute nap, joined in the afternoon sun by Cooder and Miep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...