Tuesday, March 22, 2011

READY OR NOT

Back to the "heads all empty and I don't care" state of mind. 'Twas a long day for me, several appointments and out of the house for 12 hours. None of which is bad, but being out and about does not lend itself, so much, to being introspective or focused internally.

I suppose I have had the benefit of keeping my internal dialogue on most of the time, as I am primarily at home and self-motivated (and that "motivation" has been widely dissected here). Being out of my little cocoon is always a bit intellectually disconcerting.

That said, I had a nice day. I was a critic at Parsons/New School for the Narrative II studio in the MFA program. My co-critic Robert del Principe and I have critiqued together before and enjoy working together and with Stuart Cudlitz, the professor. Stuart runs an excellent and challenging class and his students are doing interesting work.

The Kids' Media Salon I co-founded a couple of years ago met. We had a great time talking about social media, games, kids, parenting, and all of the projects we individuals are working on.

All in all, a lot of stimulation, but not much introspection. I am ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...