Thursday, March 3, 2011

SPREENG IS ICUMEN INN

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning, looked at my desk, only to realize I HAD made some significant progress yesterday. I was rather pleased.

And I needed pleasing as the fire alarms in the empty apartment next-door went off at least twice, disturbing my hard-won slumber. I knew I was too short to reach the fire alarms, even if it were a good idea to put a mostly-asleep short person without glasses on a rickety ladder. I found a long kind of stick (I don't have any idea how it got into my apartment, but there it was by the door), found the offending alarms, and bashed them off the wall. One, I think, broke. The other was merely dislodged and went off again. This time the upstairs neighbor came down with a ladder and took it apart.

I let myself sleep in some. As if I knew where my cell phone/alarm clock was anyway.

So, I felt kinda good today. I have been thinking I need a bit of a new approach to things. After all, the writing every day is working well for me (and I hope for some of you). And the kitchen cleaning is great; it gets a little bit more organized and clean all the time. The baseline or ground water has risen.

And it has been rather sunny, if cold, all week.

Maybe spring is a-comin'.

2 comments:

  1. Wakened by a bout of lightning followed by thunder, wind and rain. Not spring, but it is weather of a sort. congratulations on your desk cleaning.
    Good to have one of your postings to read when I'm gathering forces for a meeting at my main place of employment, with workshops I'm not quite interested in, and a dermatology appointment way out on the other side of the island. Nonetheless I am happy to be employed, as you might imagine,
    and happy that the dermatologist is making sure I have no new skin cancers. Hope your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're still dealing with early a.m. neighbor chainsawing his tree, & running his wood mulcher...all before 8 a.m. I too enjoy your postings. Spring must be icumen: I saw the first blooming poppies amongst frosted grasses!

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...