Tuesday, March 15, 2011

IDE(A)S OF MARCH

Cue Billy Idol. I will pogo around my apartment singing "Wrassling with myself..." Maybe the exercise will blow me out of this stupid mood. Or alternatively, "We Gotta Get Out of This Place," that place being my head.

I need to move up this post to earlier in the day. So often, as you dear reader know, I am quite sleepy.

The situation is Japan is casting a serious pall over me. While I am not obsessing about it, it is in the back of my mind all the time, like looming exams, only much worse. On edge all the time, wondering how it is going to play out and when we will know we have hit the horrible(ness) bottom.

Then these words come to mind

May the good lord
Shine a light on you
Make every song you sing
Your favorite tune ...

Bonnie and Mick sound good together. And that's as good as blessing as one is likely to get.

I was perusing one of my "spiritual guidance" books, and, although I did not read it closely, there was an exercise about thinking of happy or pleasant things and really focussing on that and trying to "stay there."

I'm going to take my creeping unease to bed, but also, to think about my favorite tune and try to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. http://doasone.com/BreathingRooms.aspx?RoomID=1

    I think you will like this. xo

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...