Thursday, April 18, 2013

END UP WITH THAT SMALL CHANGE

These flowers were at Jet Blue the day we flew to Chicago.
This will have to be a short one, as I am inexplicably sleepy (I almost wrote "inexplicably early") at an early hour, it being only 9:19 and I have been in this state for a good hour or so.

Worked. Walked the dog. Yakked some. Ate pizza with M. Did laundry. Cooder is ensconced on the newly fluffed pillows as she likes. We all like.

It was a grey day, so no photos or anything. I ate Cheetos again, but, thankfully, they are now safely gone. I didn't really eat that well today, and must be mindful. Although I am not much mindful of anything right now.

I watched Doc McStuffins and Team Umizoomi as part of my research. I will be watching a lot more tomorrow.

Boring enough?

Continuing the quote-a-thon from The Left Hand of Darkness:

"To learn which questions are answerable, and not to answer them: this skill is most needful in times of stress and darkness."

 "We did not struggle for the warm place, we were simply in it each night. It is a terrible thing, this kindness that human beings do not lose. Terrible, because when we are finally naked in the dark and cold, it is all we have. We who are so rich, so full of strength, we end up with that small change. We have nothing else to give."

"... yet it may be strange that among twenty-five not one ever spoke to all the others together, not even to curse them. Kindness there was and endurance, but in slience, always in silence. Jammed together in the sour darkness of our shared mortality, we bumped one another, breathed our breaths mingling, laid the heat of our bodies together as a fire is laid—but remained strangers. I never learned the name of any of them ..."


Wixlii I"Willie).


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...