Tuesday, April 30, 2013

YOU GOT THE SILVER

Yesterday, I couldn't write because I was completely out of it pretty much the whole day. Having gone to bed at 9:30, I woke up at 2:00, watched TV until 4:30 and then fell asleep 'til 9:30 or so. I was in my sand-paper desperate state, unable to do much than watch more TV and finally nap. I did manage to wake up, finish decanting my chicken stock, clean up the kitchen, walk the dog, and get dinner started. Once all of that was completed, eaten, and cleaned again, I took some sleeping medication and was back in bed by 10:00 where I slept the whole night through pretty much. I was up shortly after 7:00 and hell, it is only 9:00!

I had some great dreams. The best one involved my dear friend JHM and Keith Richards. We were in some city that was a combination of West Los Angeles (kind of near the Mormon Temple) and Paris (rue Moufftard or Montmartre). I don't know how we ended up with Keith, but we all got along famously, had an uproarious time, I asked him some indiscreet questions about Robert Frank's film, Cocksucker Blues, and general heroin usage. Keith and I sat cozily on the couch, not sexual, and as I left he or his assistant (there were plenty of nubile young things with long hair and tight clothes around), he gave me a pair of fantastic earrings, large chunks of lapis lazuli (a favorite of mine) and silver. He used to wear them himself or so I was told. He was about to sell them (eBay?) but gave them to me instead.

My esprit d'escalier was thinking I should have asked him about Jo Bergman, who I actually do know. Jo is this amazing woman who was the tour manager for the Stones during some of their craziest times.

On the negative side, I think I dreamt that I took Cooder to the vet and that she had stomach cancer, which is what Miep had.

Emmylou enjoying an afternoon nap on the screened-in porch.


Okay. Feelin' sleepy. Worked on kids research project which is just about ready to deliver to client. Go, Iris! And Louise and I worked on polishing the gem that is Monsterwood, then Louise submitted it to a screenwriting contest. We don't expect to win, but it means something that we are putting it out there now.

I took Albert to the reservoir for a walkie, pictures at the bottom, made tacos for dinner, and did some more planting of seeds. I feel I have a nursery. Any one local should let me know it they are interested in some morning glory plants as I expect to have many.









No comments:

Post a Comment