Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP YEAH.

So, here I am in Chicago, Oak Park really, and yet there are pictures of Cooder. She's not with me, but I uploaded these before I left.

It has been an interesting and intense few days. The intensity will not end as I am charged to write a report on the research we just did. That will be challenging, but in a good way. After all, I have been lifting some writing muscle weights between this blog and my class, so hopefully my ability to focus and communicate clearly has improved.

Oak Park is kind of nice. Frank Lloyd Wright worked here for the first twenty years of his career. Ernest Hemingway grew up here, although I don't particularly think that is a recommendation. We didn't have enough time to do much of anything except work, eat, and sleep, so no pictures. If we had more time, we would have gone to the Frank Lloyd Wright Museum. I was wearing what pass for heels last night, stepped up onto a curb, and somehow distressed my knee so that walking is difficult ... eh.... more of a challenge really. Not searing pain, but not comfortable. So, that ruled out any walking tours of the 'hood.

And only one week left of the literature class. Again, under pressure to read a rather long book,while trying to write in a professional style somewhat new for me. Oh joy.

Back to NY/Brewster tomorrow. Looking forward to the kittens and Albert and M and J. I planted some bulbs over the weekend, but it is too early for them. I did take the precaution of moving them to the covered porch in the event of a frost. Things stay somewhat warmer, mostly above freezing there.

Beep Beep Beep Beep Yeah.

Bad and proud of it.

Liking the sun. Yeah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...