Monday, May 14, 2012

BAKERY BAR BEDMAKING

Who would have thought that a bakery and a bar nextdoor to one another would be such a haven for screaming and crying children? I kind of get the barking dog issue as folks go in to get a treat during their walks, but it is the miserably unhappy children that surprise me. And the awful bar across the street evidently has some wayward parents who drink while their children congregate on the bench outside the (closed) bakery. Sometimes they run up and down the street playing and yelling. Now, there is certainly nothing wrong with this behavior, except that this is at 11:00 p.m. Shouldn't they be in bed? (I know that's what I'm trying to do, sleep.) And it isn't once. I am beginning to recognize these kids at other times of the day as I have seen them out my window enough times.

If it isn't the screaming kids, it's the sirens, and if it isn't the sirens, it's the delivery trucks idling, and if it isn't the delivery trucks idling it's the motorcycles and if it isn't any of those things ... it's quiet.




Monday, May 14th.

I think that was from Saturday and I just forgot to finish and post.


Today, the weather went grey and cold again. I didn't have a great day, but not terrible either. I did get a few things done (further desk excavation and organization, cat food run, some further resume work, and I started another tutorial on lynda.com). Emmylou helped me make the bed this morning. It is one of her favorite things. Look at that ear hair.

1 comment:

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...