Wednesday, March 26, 2014

STICKS DUTCH ANGLE WIDE

Hello. Yes, I am still alive. I am, in fact, already on a bus to the city, having been hipped to the Wi-Fi way to travel by John's brother-in-law. I've mostly been working out of the house, which has been fine and good as I have plenty of room, a printer (that was critical), and good connectivity. Most days started very early, even from home, with a lot of iChatting with Brad, the VFX supervisor, who was on set for all sorts of crazy hours. Some days, like last Thursday, I worked past midnight, crunching numbers, and trying to put together a puzzle of a VFX budget.

That's all done and in process and now we have to actually produce the darned stuff. I haven't done this in a long, long time and the technology has changed, so there is some catching up to do. Fortunately, all my immediate superiors are quite helpful and are of the school that appreciates straight-forward admissions of ignorance of things, non-judgmental.

So close, yet so far.

Emmylou and Cooder have taunted me with their leisurely afternoon naps on the bed, in the sun. They were confused and not entirely happy to see me darting about trying to get out of the house on time. I suppose they will be even less pleased to have their very comfortable lives upended yet again as we move somewhere in a couple of days. 


Well, still trudging into town and I am overcome with sleepiness, so I think I will try for a short nap before I hit town. The internet is slow on the bus and I can post this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...