Saturday, March 24, 2012

LIFE OBLIGES THEM

One of my closest friends is a struggler also. Depression, finances, etc. More than once we have had the discussion, the "is-this-the-bottom-and-am-I-on-my-way-up-now" talk. We have looked for perspective and hope, a nascsent expectation that things have gotten bad enough, that we've been in enough pain, and that we've done enough earnest work to turn around our situations or fortunes. That the momentum will now go in the other direction.

Thing is, you can never tell when you are there. Or at least neither of us has been able to.


He allowed himself to be swayed by his conviction that human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but that life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...