Thursday, August 8, 2013

FROGS, CRICKETS, CICADAS

A lock on the Champlain Canal.
I did have a spot nap on the SIP this late afternoon. The sounds of power mowers were happily interrupted by a flash of lighting and a tremendous blast of thunder that sounded as if it were ripping open the atmosphere (it must have been close by).

Yah, I got the fever, the depressed fever. As usual, it comes and goes, at times it is pretty fierce. I do feel a bit more conscious and energetic. I did my 30 minute walk today, although I wasn't able to program the pedometer that LD kindly brought for me. Perhaps my compromised mentality did not allow for that kind of detailed work. (She says it is easy.)

I did make some bitchen vegetable soup last night which made for a great dinner tonight. It's a Weight Watcher's recipe, but good for anyone anytime. They call it Zero Point Soup, but it is really just a vegetable soup without much olive oil. I kicked it up a notch by starting with Marcella Hazan's soffrito of onion, carrot, celery, garlic, and a bit of anchovy. (Yes, it is very much like a mirepoix.)

The Cove at Mills-Norrie State Park, Staatsburg.
I am up too late. I needed to catch up on The History of Rock, Part 2, and take a quiz. Absinthe, my laptop, had a bit of a meltdown as I had crowded it with too much music. That took some tech time to organize and stabilize, but now all seems to be well, although I should probably purge more music. I need to get some sleeping medication and try to get up at a reasonable hour. The night creatures are having quite the symphony, a jam session of frogs, crickets, cicadas, and who knows what else. Perhaps it will be a lullaby tonight. 

I really want to go to bed and watch another episode of The Fall on Netflix, but that would likely only keep me up even longer. The Brothers K might put me down (75% done, three weeks left to finish 250 pages.)


Waterlily at Vanderbilt Estate.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...