Friday, August 9, 2013

FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER LOW LIGHTS

Really. This was not the optimal day to make pizza. But Brett and Kristin are coming up tonight and I thought the roasted greens would make a good topping, so here I am sweating. Everyone else will have to sit on the screened-in porch to stay cool. 

So far, I have a bacon/roasted balsamic fig/gorgonzola figured out. I will make one Mexican pizza as we've had some cheese in there for awhile that needs to be eaten. I have some fresh mozzarella and basil from our deck garden. And I roasted some zucchini, some Japanese eggplant, a green bell pepper, and some nice yellow tomatoes. I happened to be driving by the Danbury Farmer's Market and bought most of those things, as well as some yellow plums that I marinated in port for an hour and are now roasting.

But it is still as hot as hell. And I need to be prepping. 

When I went out to walk Albert around 4:00, who should be sitting on the front porch, but Emmylou!!! Again!! Third time this week. I think I found her escape route which is a torn screen on the screened-in porch. She knows where she lives and at least I know she won't run away. 

Later that same day.

The pizza was incroyable. I will likely never make this again, but the most delicious was balsamic roasted figs, bacon, gorgonzola, and red onion. The others were great, but not as stand out.

Kristin is out on the porch on a bit of a tirade about working at J. Crew. We had a lovely lovely meal on the screened-in porch, but between the work and the wine, I am ready to hit the bed. I will take up this computer and perhaps watch at bit of The Fall, but I need more water and some real sleep.

Oh, dessert was port marinated yellow plums over vanilla ice cream with toasted cocoanut cookies. 

Someday, I will write something significant again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...