Thursday, May 9, 2013

THE RAIN IN MAY

Brewster Train Station in Spring.
3:30 pm.

Well, here I am almost ready to get on the train. Taking a taxi over to the station as I am too tired to walk really. It's a coolly grey rainy/drizzly day and the temptation to climb into bed and nap with Cooder is very strong. I always think that the number of naps I take with her is getting smaller and smaller. Morbid, right?

Well here was last night's list. (By the way, I did not mean to be whiny. It's just there has been a precipitous drop in viewers. You can't cancel me, though.)


1) Clean litter boxes.
2) Organize better what is left downstairs.
3) Laundry.
4) PACK.
5) Plant soon-to-be dead azalea and hydrangea.
6) Make list of all the people I know born in May whose birthdays I am on the verge of missing.
7) Invoice Ms. I.
8) If I get up early, take Cooder to get weighed.

Here's what got done.

1) Clean litter boxes.
2) Organize better what is left downstairs.
3) Laundry.
4) PACK.
5) Plant soon-to-be dead azalea and hydrangea.
6) Plant bulbs, dig up a new bed.
7) Finish straining and reboiling the poultry/veggie stock that has been on the stove.
8) Desultory pass at kitchen cleaning.
9) I at least remembered to pack some birthday cards I had already bought.
10) Started ripping Storm of Swords so that I could put it on my iPhone and listen as the whole pack is due on Monday and I will not make it through another 15 discs.

Sharon's backyard dogwood.
That's all for now folks. Will try to check in after book group. It will be a challenge to see if I can stay awake and read on the train.

The next day.

Did manage to stay awake, read on the train, and made good progress. 

Kermit Place Readers gathering was really fun and interesting. We actually do better when we don't all like the book. I was on the verge of not going because of the catnap on a rainy day magnet, but I am glad I got there.

11) Returned overdue book to Brewster Public Library on the way to the train station.

Only slightly hungover, which is also nice. After stopping by one of the B's to give her a neck massage, I came to John and Mel's. They were still out, having too much fun. And that too much fun has them still abed at 9:41. I did get some quality time with Tupie, my godcat.










































And here's a link to a video from the RT/EH/RC tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...