Friday, May 24, 2013

I'VE GOT THE RELIGION

Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. — Terry Pratchett

I nabbed that quote from T McN.

And indeed we, we being Mr. Volny and I, are in Schroon Lake. Mr. Volny is still abed. I am down at the Morningstar Cafe having crepes and lattes and doing my social media job. We took the train and were picked up by Liz in Albany and drove the rest of the way.

Here's my view. 




A bunch of young dudes from New York (and very proud of that) just came in to get some (good) coffee. Johnny Rivers is singing "Baby, I Need Your Lovin'" (Excellent go-go dancers in the clip.)

The Strand (movie) Theater opens tonight with Ironman 3, which I have not yet seen. Mr. Volny has seen it but is game to see it again. It's a rainy day, which is not so good for this resort community that depends on summer trade to get through the entire year. 

We staid up very very late, past 2:15, watching and listening to music dvds, laserdiscs, etc. Very loud. L is an audiophile/master of the sort you don't meet every day. The sounds was loud and so wonderfully pure. The couch was vibrating from the volume, but it was pure heaven. I have been telling Mr. Volny about this for some time, trying to get him to pay a visit. He turned to me after some thundering Rolling Stones and said "I've got the religion." Many many many beers were consumed. But not by me.

So, the day may be spent in some people napping. I might be able to finish one of my damn books for book group and get started on the next one.

And it is the birthday of someone very special.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...