Tuesday, May 28, 2013

NIGHT BIRDS CHIRPING

Back in Brewster as of this afternoon. Liz drove Mr. Volny and myself all the way down to Poughkeepsie where Mr. Volny and I had grease bomb paninis and parted ways, him to Amtrack and Brooklyn, me to the car. We staid up late on our last night in Schroon Lake, drinking white wine, a little bit of Glenfiddich (which we could really have done without ... that one was my bad), and watched some great footage, mostly of the Rolling Stones sitting in with Muddy Waters in a club in the early 1980s. The surprise of the night was Cyndi Lauper's blues performance which amazed both of us. It was the way to end a nice rainy weekend get-away.

Las gatas were extremely pleased to see me and I them. Albert was happy too, giving me the full-chickie-in-mouth-wiggly-butt-moanin'-dog welcome. Emmylou has followed me around and even took a nap on the bed with me and Cooder. Cooder, of course, curled up by my head and purred. I am sitting in bed, reading the end of Crazy in the Kitchen, wondering if I have enough brain space to tackle a couple of pages of The Brothers Karamazov. Emmy has come up with me (she danced around the kitchen table, getting lost in Emily's long skirt during dinner) and is settling down in the corner by the door where she often sleeps.

It rained here this afternoon, although the birds are celebrating the evening quite vociferously. I could use a bit of sun to cheer me as I gear up to hit real life and get moving on getting something like a career back on track. I am giving myself a full vacation day today and not doing my curating job which I generally do 7 days a week. I don't know what's going on in the world today and that's all right with me.



So, although it is only 8 o'clock, I am calling it a night. J brought home some chardonnay with which to tempt me, but, although I managed this trip without getting drunk (no hangovers!!!), I did drink every day and my body needs a rest. Time for cleaner living. So I can get ready to go back on July 4th!

More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...