Wednesday, May 29, 2013

GROOVE AND ZEN

View from stalled traffic. Not quite the 405.
Again with the sleepiness! This time the time is 8:12 and I could put head on this pillow and leave again. I took a nice nap with Cooder and Emmylou on the screened-in porch just awhile ago. Well, two hours ago. Last night, I tossed and turned and almost went to midnight bummer land, but managed to pull out and eventually sleep. I don't get it. 

The moods today were like flying through variable skies. There were moments that looked as if they would be seatbelt-in-your-seats rough, emotionally and perceptually speaking, but then there would moments of groove and zen. The trick is to stay in the air, stay flying, I suppose.

C-cat chillaxing on the couch.
Three hours of wasted time later. Well, I did listen to a bit of Crime and Punishment (almost through the second of three discs) and unload the dishwasher, so it was not entirely wasted. 

It's already hot. Wait. Wasn't I worried about snow just the other day? Well, time for a fan down here. 

Finally made some progress in The Brothers Karamazov. It is dense, but much more amusing than I would have thought. I think I tried to read the Constance Garnett (her translation came out in 1912) version as some things seem vaguely familiar. But this newer translation, Pevear and Volokhonsky, is already 23 years old. God was 1990 that long ago? What have I been reading? Hell, what have I been doing? Alright. No time to answer that. I should try to actually sleep.


Ah, some trees and breeze.

Can't get as close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...