Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SLIGHT BACKSLIDE

A slight backslide on the health front today, but that did not keep me from sitting at the computer most of the day, working on the MW screenplay. Being that focussed and in that mind set makes me a bit spacey and not as ready for other interactions. Also, I did not nap, so I am ready for sleep here at 9:06.

I'm in the midst of another French film, and it, too, is quite good. This one, Une bouteille à la mer, is about a young French woman now living in Jerusalem, and who, through the mechanism of a message in a bottle, strikes up an e-correspondence with a young Palestinian man, living in Gaza. Another harsh movie but compelling and refreshing. How nice not to see any Judd Apatow level stupidity, no farts, no boobs, no car crashes, etc.

I have a lot of reading to do for my Coursera class and I have done none today, thus far. Last night, I watched Downton Abbey instead of reading. I am not sure how far I will get tonight, yet I think I will turn in and try to turn on to Grimm's Household Tales translated by Lucy Crane.

1 comment:

  1. How do you get a message in a bottle around in such a dry land? Movie plot conundrum of the day?

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...