Saturday, July 24, 2021

MIRACLE THAT IT IS

 84 of 100daychallenge

I can't even believe I have the will to write anything, stuck as I am in some mash-up of the opening Martin Sheen scenes in Apocalypse Now and the entirety of Groundhog Day. David is convinced that he will never get home again, much less out of this apartment. Janet repeatedly says she is in hell. I stumble along being stunned and sad and generally overwhelmed at the wreckage of lives.

I had to throw away so many pictures and make so many judgment calls on family stuff. But most of it isn't my side of the family.And that is kind of a creepy feeling. Do I save my sister's wedding book for her granddaughter? Her baby book? Well, I say yes. Let them throw it away. I also found a cache of letters from my father to his first wife, Carole's mother, Carmen, while he was away at war. 

In the good news department, I am excited because I made myself a pallet on the floor of Anita's apartment and get to sleep many feet away from David and Janet. We are crashing here because we didn't think we would still be here and all the hotels in Salt Lake City are full for Pioneer Days. 

I am hoping to get out of here tomorrow and to drive to St. George, Utah, which is about halfway back to LA. I plan to make one more trip to the Goodwill and then pack the car and be on my way.

Fireworks here for Pioneer Days.

Janet is driving both of us crazy.

I just took my sleeping pills.

If I had a book, maybe I could read which I have done exactly none of in weeks.

Miracle that it is that I could post at all, I leave you with a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...