Sunday, July 18, 2021

IF I LET MYSELF

 78 of #100daychallenge

7:33 a.m.

The cats are not happy. It is too hot to eat wet food and I am neither opening the windows for maximal viewing nor, worse yet, letting them out. We are not quite ready to go, but all making progress. Gotta go check on Janet's oatmeal.

Well, we won't make our 8 am projected departure, but we will likely get out of here within the hour. Janet is ensconced in front of the tube eating oatmeal and drinking her coffee. I still have to shower, make my bed, do the dishes, and finish loading the car. and then we are off.

Dishes done. I am flagging.

9:00 am ... signing off until Winnemucca! Wish us luck.

Winnemucca achieved. We got here just after midnight. It was a long day. The motel is just this side of acceptable, but David gave me a gummie and I completely nodded out, even sharing a bed with Janet who wakes up quite a bit.

On to Salt Lake today. More from there.

8:43 p.m.

Here is Murray, Utah. A shorter long drive today. The three of us all ate Gummies, and were, therefore stoned. I don't recommend getting high with your 94-year old mother who is working on being deaf. Everything was creative hearing with her when she could hear, now it is very frustrating.

Janet feels so very fragile. I feel a little bad for dragging her along. I was tired last night after 10 or more hours of driving and worrying that she was going to die in the bed next to me. She lived. She is unhappy we brought her. 

It was fun listening to music with David, while high. When was the last time that happened? Selections included Hot Tuna live, Waiting for Columbus, Maria Muldaur, and Ry Cooder. I was tempted to plug in Cocaine and Rhinestones and get him hooked.

We had the perfect road trip breakfast here today:
















These were the chairs: 




If I let myself think about it, I would be pretty weirded out by our task tomorrow. But lots of thinking when high is a bad idea, so I will to put that off until I am actually in her space. We drove by where her apartment is and found the Toyota Camry I am giving to David. 

Janet and David are watching tv as I sit in the corner with my earBuds and some John Prine, writing. I thought I brought along a book of poetry, but it doesn't seem to be with my goods, so I will have to do without for the moment. 



1 comment:

  1. Nice diner sign. I wanted to suggest before your trip that maybe bringing mom wasn't a good idea. But that's neither here nor there and water under the bridge, but the riverbed is dry from the drought and therefore not appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...