Friday, July 23, 2021

I NEED TO EMBRACE THAT

 83 of 100daychallenge

Hard to believe I am still here.

We all reached our limit today. I just couldn't throw away another scrapbooking project, journal, or photograph that maybe once held meaning for Anita. Still did not find any significant papers like pink slips, but came across her birth certificate, as well as my sister's confirmation picture. 

David is out walking. Janet is in the bathroom. I am drinking a can of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Not a cornucopia of beer choices as in wet states. The Olympics Opening Ceremonies are blaring behind me.

I am not looking forward to that long drive with Janet. Maybe I will try to listen to Ulysses. I feel far out of whack. 

The beer tastes good.

We are all weary. David is getting a good dose of what it is to take care of Janet. I feel as if I will fall into bed at home and not get up for days, although that is not likely either. The cats escaped from the house and Christina C has not been able to herd them back into the house. I almost don't care. Nina may spend two days outside. Hope she does not get eaten. 

I ate half a gummy with David and we drove up to the mountains, to Park City. I chewed off my fingernails. The music was good and the scenery was very pretty. I tried to imagine Park City during the Sundance Festival. Overwhelming. Maybe fun if you are rich or on a good expense account.

We have to leave this weird motel tomorrow as Janet and I are staying one more day, leaving Sunday morning. We are going to crash at Anita's which will be weird. Given that it is a Mormon holiday, Pioneer Days, there are no hotel rooms in town. 

I am surprised I like Salt Lake City as much as I do. Were I a different kind of person, I could see making a life here. I am sure the conservatism would get to me were I unilaterally exposed to it, but our contact with natives has been limited.

So tomorrow is the last big push. The place is still a disaster area, but something a professional crew can knock off in a day. We have just lost our will. And then I will have the pleasure of becoming an ebay/etsy seller again. I need to embrace that. 

And other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...