Friday, July 16, 2021

HEY, IT IS

 76 of #100daychallenge

Gosh, getting out of bed early can mess with your lamented productivity in a good way. It's almost 9 and I have already stripped the bed and have the linens in the wash, taken care of a puking and dehydrated Janet, and am now on hold as I try to resolve the various health appointments we both have. 

Later.

Taking a break from getting organized and cleaned up. I find things that I was planning to send to Anita, both physical and digital. I think I cannot entirely wrap my head around the all of it. I will likely fall apart when I get to Utah. See, I would have sent her this list of Wes Anderson's favorite/recommended films and we would have had a discussion about it.

Janet woke up and threw up which is worrisome. I think she might be dehydrated as she is quite resistant to drinking enough water. She thinks coffee is a good substitute, notwithstanding that we repeatedly tell her coffee is a diuretic, leading toward dehydration. I am a bit concerned about taking her into the heat that is supposed to hit this weekend. We will mostly be in an air-conditioned car, but still.

Off to clean the bathroom.

Later, cleaned bathroom.

It's very hot back here in the afternoon. I am kind of waiting for the sun to go down so that I can get productive again. I did go out and give the plants a good watering. While I was at it, I accidentally killed a stalk of the dinnerplate dahlia that had begun to blossom so there's a good 5 weeks of plant growth gone through my carelessness. I also managed to break a piece of Corning Ware and cut my finger, so let's hope I get all of my clumsiness out of here before I get into the car.

I still have packing to do.

I need to clean the kitchen floor. 

Well, it is getting along to quittin' time. Most of the packing is done. The kitchen floor is clean. The behemoth vehicle has been acquired and the loading process has begun. I will check my list again tomorrow. I took extra sleeping pills and think I will hit the shower tonight as I just washed and line dried my sheets.

I miss Anita.

Janet vehemently does not want to go. She wants to know why she can't stay by herself or why no one can come and stay with her. This adds to my sadness and stress. 

I feel far out of my comfort zone, as if the world were on edge, which, hey, it is. 




1 comment:

  1. I’ve seen and loved many of the films…
    And my heart goes out to you re Janet. And to Janet.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...