Saturday, November 3, 2012

GET UP JAKE, IT'S LATE IN THE MORNING

Think, now. Was there anything that needed saying today? Any revelations? Any significance? Even any interesting trivia?

Naw. Slow day mostly. I was up at a reasonable hour, before the rest of the household. I tried to be, you know, forthcoming and carpe diem and all. It's highly unusual for me to be the first person dressed.
Cooder found the heating vent in the hallway.

I did my usual honey and hot water to start the day. When I opened my email, I received this missal from Rick Hanson's Just One Thing:


what we do during the first minutes after waking. For me this time is quite special. Besides being a unique state of consciousness - neither asleep nor hurried along - it's an opportunity to open to and let in beautiful feelings and intentions, and to incline the mind in a good direction.


Not to whine, but this is especially challenging when you are not a morning person. And there are many mornings when I just go through the motions of drinking the hot water and honey. But there are also mornings when I do remember to pay attention, to consider a day wherein I might be more conscious, and perhaps strive for a more pleasant, awake (alive?) day.

(Why do I hear Yoda and CB admonishing me "There is no striving, only doing or not doing?? And then "M-O-U-S-E ...)

And on another, sadder note, my friend Jason had to say goodbye to his beloved Tibetan Mastiff, Po, today. Po was a great dog and a great friend. We are sorry to see him go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...