Monday, May 24, 2021

WORTH DOING TO THE POINT

 34 of #100day challenge

It is later than usual. I have been sitting here at the desk, trying to get a running start on saying something, almost anything. I am a bit in the zoned out state, suspended between being awake and asleep, fine and depressed. 

I worked on cleaning my bedroom which would have passed for a sloppy teen-agers'. Looking better now, but, as always, those little odds and ends need dealing with. I already have the paint for the room, so hopefully it won't be too long until Shelly is able to give me a little of her now-precious time to paint it. I still have plenty to keep me busy.

After a bit of a nap, I needed to get outside so I did my garden shift, getting in a good watering, and also getting some things planted/transplanted. I was back in the house, getting dressed when I heard Janet yelling at something or someone. She doesn't yell much and this scarcely sounded like her. Evidently, a couple was in a big fight and paused in front of our house to throw punches. She got up from her rocking chair, which is usually a challenging thing to get her to do, to go to the door and yell. The fighters told her to fuck off, of course. Both of my brothers happened to call tonight and all three of us counseled her against yelling at the neighbors. I had thought someone was doing something to one of our cats.

All five cats were sleeping in the dining room which is a rarity. Generally speaking, Idrisse tries to stay away from Vera. They seem to have a second or third sense about where I am and come to join me and interfere with whatever I am doing at my desk.





















I wish I could have the windows open but there are no screens that will hold them if they want out, so the windows remain closed. I will have get quality screens pretty soon as I love the summer night air, and I can see my new night blooming jasmine is about to bud.

Janet stumbled out for her 1:00 am pee a bit early. When she finishes, before she trudges back to bed, she will stick her head in here and ask if I am still up and tell me it is late. To
night is a night that I could stay up as I don't have anything I have to do until 2:00 pm.  Actually, I do need to finish my application for teaching at the city hall (chair yoga) and call about getting insurance. But nothing pressing. 

Speaking of budding, my brown turkey fig tree has not even been planted permanently and there are two figs on the way. How cool is that. Portends well for a fruitful tree. And, from what I understand, a cornucopia of new critters like squirrels and raccoons foraging. 




Still slogging through ... can one slog through something that is essentially lightweight? ... Delia Ephron's book Sister Mother Husband Dog (Etc.) and this sounds like me and so many of my friends

"There is a saying: "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well." It's not true. Housecleaning is only worth doing to the point that the place is clean enough that no one notices it's not."

Speak to me, sister.








2 comments:

  1. Yes, amen to the house cleaning quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic looking out the window from your desk. You do seem to have a cat occupancy problem though.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...