Sunday, May 9, 2021

WHEN I JUST MESSED UP

 20 of #100daychallenge





The sun is just about to lower enough to blind me here at the desk. I just woke up from a long nap and am hoping the fresh cup of espresso gets me going enough to launch into my next project. 

I am throwing a waffle brunch for Janet for Mother's Day and invited the Domineers. I feel this is somewhat crazy as I will be cooking, cleaning, and doing dishes forever. However, Janet will not likely be around for THAT many more Mother's Days, so here goes. 

Sonia, one of my yoga teacher friends, often ends her class with the suggestion that we acknowledge the small victories we get in a given practice. When we have a new understanding of something, when we find new space or ability in our bodies, even when we enjoy a pose in a new way. I trying to focus on my successes as I mentioned yesterday, although the bad/negative/shitty is free-floating outside the consciousness. 

  • I made it to practice at SW's today, although I had a charley horse this morning;
  • I made it to practice at SW's today, although I had my knee hurt;
  • I made it to practice at SW's today, although my hernia hurt;
  • I made it to practice at SW's today, although I had to get up early to drive there.
Cue Donna Summer (or Gloria Gaynor) crooning, I Will Survive .

Now that I have a start on this, I can go the store, go into the kitchen, and generally start prepping for tomorrow.

Absolutely bed time now. Onions for the scrambled eggs are just about caramelized. Mushrooms and thyme are put away and the pan is clean. Eggs are out getting to be room temperature as is the butter. Janet cut up the strawberries. So, I think things are in relatively good shape and that I can safely go to sleep.

This will have to do.

Joan Armatrading. Hey, When I Get It Right.

You always say

When I just messed up

Did bad

Done wrong

Gone too far

Caused such pain

Such shame

I'm illegal

See one sided

No fair

A sin there

Act queer

Odd ball


I mishandle

You trample

So strong

Wear crown

Under foot

Put upon

Hold down


Hey when I get it right

Will you tell me please

I wanna know



You always say no

You don't mean yes

No way

Hold out

Turn around

Two refusals

Deaf ear

Turned here

Not want

Leave room

All fault here

Shake head

Drop dead





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Joan Armitrading. Always have. Is she still making music??

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...