Saturday, May 22, 2021

NO COMPELLING REASON

 33 of #100daychallenge

















Starting earlier tonight because I am at loose ends. Plus, it is hard to concentrate as (Otto) Fox finds it compelling to be as near to me as he can on this small desk. And I find pounding on him and generally interrupting his cleaning and rest to be similarly compelling.

I managed to get up and make it to the "speakeasy" yoga class this morning, though I had been resigned last night to having a sore throat. I was even the first person there. Class was excellent as I creep back to yoga speak ... and practice. Getting back that concentration/yoga groove thang is pretty lovely. It doesn't happen immediately, like a lost language, but you might find yourself fluent in a different way.

Fireworks season has begun. This is a terrible thing in Southern California. I don't know that it happens elsewhere. While Rick and I were having lunch yesterday on the street mall in Uptown Whittier, there were kids lighting fireworks just outside of the movie theater. I can hear them occasionally in my neighborhood.

Although yoga was superlative, the best part of my day was a damn delicious nap I took. And although it is not so very late, I am drawn to that state tonight. Having no compelling reason to stay up, I succumb.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...