Thursday, December 4, 2014

WHY THEY CALL IT PERSPECTIVE

So, my back hurts again today. It’s not terrible, but it is a step backwards. I wish I could just stay flat today, but I need to push to get the rest of the way out of here for the moment and on to the next. Plus, the bed is completely covered in various items of sorting.

And to that end, I found an underpacked plastic storage container that could be put to better use. In it, I found a New Yorker from 2004. This passage is underlined

It always takes a while to look back and see on what point the significant lines of history converge—that’s why they call it perspective.

I just looked to see that it is from an Adam Gopnick article on the First World War.


Cooder and Albert are both very restless today, which rather makes me crazy. Cooder is insisting that only Greenies will do today. I’m both pleased to and anxious about our trip to the vet tomorrow. I don’t know what I will do if she is not fit to travel. And now, why will she eat the dry cat food out of my hand and NOT EAT the exact same food out of a bowl? Is that the infamous cat cussedness?

Later that same evening.

I am not feeling all that well, although the back pain has improved. I might be getting a cold. At any rate, I think I am going to try for some shut eye now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...