Saturday, December 27, 2014


Lordy. I feel emotionally achy today, as if I had been run over by a bus. My body is logy, my eyesight is dim (although I must investigate to see if my glasses are encrusted with tear salt). Yeah, and smeary from being too close to my face. I must remember that I need to be more careful about that sort of thing when I next acquire new spectacles.

Later that day. I’m still sick and spacey, but a little more mobile. And I managed, finally, to give Cooder her first anti-kidney disease hydration injection. She wasn’t too bad, really, but it would have been good to have some help. Just trying to keep her still and keep an eye on the amount she was getting was a bit cumbersome, but I imagine we will work out a system.

Now days later, after Christmas in point of fact. Finally got on line at B1's house where I am staying for a few more days. I was as frustrated as a child at not being able to get on line. It was coloring everything with a narrow, angry filter of fuckitall. Part of it was not being able to track down the problem, the general frustration of non-IT people with computers they live with but don't fully understand. Part of it is my general ongoing hell of having downloaded the new Mac OS, Yosemite, which is truly having a succubus in the machine.

But now I can write, and attend to some of the issues in my life that need attention. And then, hopefully, get out to a beautiful sunny December day. 

For the record, the cold lingers, but my brain is mostly back. 

Sometimes, it is difficult to remember to cut yourself some slack.

Not such a good day. I headed over to the MacGregor-Clark household to feed the kitties. Ricky and Bubble are very sweet and were quite glad to see me. (Can you guess which one is which?) I petted them and hung out with them for more than an hour, reading and so forth.

As I left, my iPhone slipped away and crashed to the concrete step at the front door. The cracked screen is the worst one I have ever seen. So there's money I didn't want to spend on fixing it, but I really haven't a choice. I can use it as a 'phone, but I can't see anything on it. I've been shattered.

Christmas Day started early with a nice leftover latte and lemon muffin from Ladybird Bakery. After watching the last episode of season 2 of Last Tango in Halifax, I then took a Dead Sea salt bath while I read The New Yorker. Then I popped back into bed for a nice mid-morning nap. Dinner was at Melinda and John's where we kept it simple with turkey, mashed potatoes, brussels sprouts, macaroni and cheese, dressing and gravy. (I made the stuffing and the gravy, neither of which are my specialities, but they were good.) The other guest was a neighbor. We then settled back to watch the James Brown biopic, Get On Up. (Excellent acting but a screenplay that was somewhat lackluster.) 

Now it is early the next day, Saturday. I went to Radio Shack to see about getting the 'phone fixed (not inexpensive). Then I headed over to Melinda's and John's to say hello and check on Emmylou and Cooder. We watched Angelina Jolie's Unbroken, which isn't terrible but is rather pedestrian and boring. I would have left before the end, but Cooder came to sit on me, napping and purring for almost two hours. Now that was a heaven I could not resist.

And always worth repeating: Apple Yosemite is a nightmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment