I'll spare us all more Aretha Franklin indoctrination (for now ... bwaaaaaaahhhh-ha-ha). However, I might be on to something about how many of her songs ARE about transcendence and transformation (cf. You Make Me Feel Like Natural Woman.)
It has already been a frustrating morning for me. Albeit with a share of pleasure. Forgot to move my car, so I have yet another parking ticket. Not ready to get meself to Albany yet. House in a state of more-than-usual disarray.
Am I lacking some attentiveness here?
The real question might be, can I accept that I messed MYSELF up, make the best of it, and move on, or will I make myself wear the crown of thorny dark clouds of self-disapproval?
Well, I leave for today contemplating this from Ravindra's book:
"A clear and tranquil mind results from contemplating friendliness towards those who are happy, compassion towards those who suffer, joy towards the virtuous, and impartiality towards wrong-doers."
Sutra 1:33
I suppose that should include me.
And all I actually have to offer as a writer, is my version of life. — Anne Lamott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WHAT IS TO SURVIVE, WHAT TO PERISH
August 5 Without a doubt, my tortoise shell kitty Nina was the leader of a girl gang in a previous incarnation. I was sitting here on the b...
-
Birthday eve, but just barely. I had plans to be introspective and treat this occasion as another kind of New Year with a stock-taking and s...
-
July 20 "You cannot walk out your grief, ...or absolve yourself of your survival, or bring anyone back. You are left with the desire ...
Thank you for posting this today. I just looked at the clock and it is time to move my car. We all need to have someone watch our back and pay attention when it shows up -- unexpectedly.
ReplyDelete