Monday, January 11, 2016

THE TASTE WAS NOT SO SWEET

Somehow “rest in peace” doesn’t really work for acknowledging the passing of David Bowie. Peace for him was apparently just the privacy and latitude to do his work, his way. And the best thing about Bowie’s exit was the magnificent performance of it, the exquisite execution of his death.

More kudos and proper respect. Our appreciation of his artistry will grow and deepen over time. Thus, he will continue to amaze, amuse, and delight us.


Thank you, David, for stopping by.

I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
And every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test


1 comment:

  1. Heartbreaking & brave. Changesis close to the best song ever. Honor it. Many fond memories.

    ReplyDelete

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...