Wednesday, March 23, 2022

SMELL SOME COFFEE

 13 of 100

March 23

We were hoping it was just allergies, but I have a cold. 

Janet has a blood test appointment in a few minutes. She can't drink or eat anything right now. She generally doesn't like to get out of bed if she can't smell some coffee. I can relate. When I lived in Brewster, it was the smell of Martha's first cup wafting up the stairs that got me moving. 

My songs this morning toggled between Sweet Soul Music (Arthur Conley), Caravan (Van Morrison) and What A Little Moonlight Can Do (can't tell what the version is in my head but Nancy Wilson will do fine).

Vera is crouched next to me on the small footstool, probably waiting for me to feed her some more. 

I heard myself "ummming" quite a bit in class last night. Then again, sometimes I think I am fortunate that I can put any thoughts together. Writing is much easier than thinking on your feet.

Later

Today would have been a fine day to make some inroads into the many paths of activity that are my constant. However, once I got back from taking Janet to her appointment and then to today's dominoes location, I couldn't really do much save for eat lunch and try to rest. It's only 9:00 now, but I am feeling a bit feverish, just slightly hot, and if I want to beat this cold, I should just brush my teeth and get into bed.

I have been listening to Madam: The Biography of Polly Adler, Icon of the Jazz Age. Children, I am here to tell you that it is a very long book. Debby Applegate, the author, does such a stellar job of being thorough and interesting, that one finds oneself not thinking about the actual lives lived here, the working girls, the corruption all around, the disgustingness of degradation and men paying for and getting what they want without much to answer for. I am only halfway through at 8 hours. 

At any rate, to bed with my slightly feverish self. Hopefully, I will feel better in the morning and not have to cancel my class.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I SHOULD DO THE SAME

17 of 100 May 24th It is hard to make plans to have fun when you would rather disappear into the earth. The depression continues, yet I am s...